Since I’ve been bitten by the Tunisian crochet bug, I’ve been scouring the web for good patterns. I’m not quite ready for striking out on my own with anything more complex than a scarf. I know that it is possible to Tunisian crochet any existing crochet pattern with a bit of thought, but I wanted to find patterns specifically written for this method. Here is my short-list.
1. Tokyo Vest by the fantastic Doris Chan
2. Happy Monday Vest by Aoibhe Ni
To my shame I can’t pronounce Aoibhe’s name but she also has some truly stunning Tunisian crochet shawls on her website that are well beyond the run of the mill.
3. Tunisian Ripple Scarf by Elisa Purnell
4. Double Spiral Afghan by Margaret Zellner
5. Birchbark Slippers by Mr. Micawber’s Recipe for Happiness