The lovely Mrs Bishop from Mrs Bishop’s Bakes and Banters has nominated me for this award. She’s an absolute sweetheart for doing so – follow the link to see her blog entry.
So the rules are simple – answer Mrs. Bishop’s 10 questions and nominate some women bloggers.
Here it goes…
1. What is your signature bake?
Most definitely my version of Nigella Lawson’s Banana bread
. It is the simplest, moistest, bestest banana bread ever which is impossible to ruin. You can dress it up with a topping or leave it in a tin for after school treats for days. I’ve not yet met anyone who didn’t like it.
2. If you had to choose only one film to watch for the rest of time, and no others, what would you choose?
Erm. Ahh. Ohh. This is a hard one. However, I think it would be City of Angels with Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan. I blub every time I see it – lots and lots of things I love about it. Close second is When Harry met Sally. Need I say more?
3. What is your favourite home cooked dinner, and why?
Absolutely anything cooked by my hubby as it has a very special ingredient. Love.
4. Do you have a favourite artist or piece of artwork?
I absolutely adore Sylvie Guillem. She is simply the most elegant, most beautifully graceful dancer ever. I could watch her perform for ever.
5. What’s your tipple of choice?
Mulled wine in the winter and Sangria in the summer.
6. Do you collect anything?
Vintage knitting and crochet patterns, yarn and knitty experiences.
7. What are you reading at the moment?
The Prague Cemetery by Umberto Eco.
8. Do you have a dream job? Or are you lucky enough to already do your dream job?
I dream of a job where I have autonomy and respect, where I enjoy my colleagues’ company and which does not fill me with dread each Sunday evening. This is a far cry from my current job. I am on the hunt.
9. What is your favourite item of clothing in your current wardrobe and why?
I recently bought a white, dove grey, steel grey colour block knitted dress in the fluffiest yarn ever. I realise I look like a hairy potato when I wear it but I don’t care. It makes me smile and keeps me warm and reminds me of the days when I could get away with wearing clingy clothes.
10. Who is your most embarrassing celebrity crush? (Let’s face it girls, we’re never too old for a crush!)
Well I’m old enough to have a hugely long list. I remember my first crush was on Kevin Keegan (just look it up, it’s too embarrassing). Then when I was at Uni I really fancied Timothy Dalton for his piercing blue eyes and Rupert Everett for those beautiful looks. Then there was a brief fling with Hugh Grant in Four Weddings and a Funeral days only and I really still rather like Jean Reno – well, there is NOTHING wrong with a big nose.
I’m afraid I’m a let-down when it comes to nominations. My time to read others’ blogs is non-existent. However, these lovely ladies have kept with me through thick and thin. So I nominate:
- All Night Knits
- Feel Good Knitting
(Thank you ladies!)
Here are my 10 questions:
- What’s your biggest WIP failure?
- Knit or Crochet?
- Do you think knitting/crochet should be taught at school?
- Why do you knit/crochet?
- What’s your best knit/crochet tip?
- What’s your worst chore ever?
- What time of day is your favourite?
- If you didn’t knit/crochet, what would you do?
- One fact about you.
- Christmas or Summer Holidays?
Thanks again Mrs. Bishop – don’t giggle too much at my answers!